OOAC LLC is seeking a senior oracle database administrator to join the Oracle/SQLServer Database Administration Team in the Enterprise Data Management section. The selected candidate will administrator & support Oracle databases throughout the agency. The selected candidate will:
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work with a team of Oracle/SQLServer DBAs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Perform installations of database related software. (including database upgrades and patching)
- Monitor databases to maintain/ensure database uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot application/database issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc…
- Tune long running SQL using AWR/ASH/ADDM/Profiler and etc…
- Review & refine existing database tasks and processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
- Perform database migrations using 12C container concepts, data pump export/import, RMAN database duplication procedures
- Leverage & utilize cron and O/S scripting in support of database maintenance/diagnosis/support
- Review the existing database implementation and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
- Perform SQLServer installations (2012,2014 w/ failover clustering)
- Support SQLServer databases (administration, support, tuning)
The successful candidate will be capable of performing an analysis of the effectiveness of the existing system and clearly communicate reasoned justification for continuance and update, or alternative approaches.
- Over 8 years of experience in maintaining/supporting Oracle databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technical experience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
Desired knowledge of and experience with the following technologies:
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Advanced oracle features (RAC, Data Guard)
- Oracle Tools/Functions (RMAN, Data Pump, AWR, ASH, ADDM, Profiler)
- Familiarity with Linear referencing systems and how data is maintained
- Advanced database/SQL tuning concepts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
- The successful contractor will be required to continue education at own expense to stay current with technologies.
- **Local candidates with Citizenship or Green card is preferred. All other residential status are encouraged to apply.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.